When your Paediatrician finds that your child is underweight, he or she may recommend you to have a detailed consultation from a child nutritionist to rule out poor food intake as the issue. Under this program, dietician will calculate the current nutritional value with the recommended nutritional requirement for your child and will try to address the conditions which cause poor weight gain.
• Assessment of the nutritional value and caloric content of child’s daily diet and the growth parameters of the child.
• Estimation of the calorie and protein deficit in the current diet along with assessment of micro-nutrient deficiencies.
• Nutritional counselling and customized meal planning for achieving the optimum nutritional requirements in the daily diet.
• Nutritional counselling and guidance for establishing a positive relationship with food early in life
• Special guidance to improve the family food preferences and eating habits that may influence the child’s poor dietary intake