First timer moms, generally face multiple challenges while breastfeeding the baby. Sometimes, it requires medical attention however most of the times, a lactation counsellor may guide you in this process to meet you with these challenges like latching difficulties, painful nursing, and low milk production etc. The majority of women have the ability to breastfeed, however, they give up if not given the right counselling and support.
• Active listening and rapport building with the new parents
• Assessment of the situation: It consists of assessing the anxiety level for the 1st time parents.
• Identification of the problem
• Demonstration of skills and technique to rectify the problem/issue.
• Counselling and building confidence.
• Evaluation of the new parents
• Review and re-evaluation, if required.