1083 views | 0| 0 comments
If you have landed on this page, you are someone exploring the benefits of yoga for a normal delivery or an expectant mother who follows yoga as a daily practice. Well, a customized exercise plan can help strengthen your pelvic floor muscles and support your pregnancy. Practicing a few simple exercises and yoga poses every day under the supervision of an expert can help relieve pain, discomfort, and labor duration, and prepare your body to bring your bundle of joy with a normal delivery process.
Practicing pregnancy yoga poses for normal delivery work by:
● Reducing labor pains
● Improves sleep cycle
● Strengthen pelvic region
● Improves blood circulation
● Increases mental and physical strength required for a normal delivery
Pregnancy Yoga in Third Trimester
If you were practising yoga from the start, it won't be difficult to carry on with low impact exercises during the third trimester. The onset of third trimester might cause considerable discomfort due to increased weight, heartburn, frequent urination, lower back pain, cramping in the front and side abdominals, shortness of breath, difficulty sleeping, and difficulty moving. You might feel the pressure on your pelvis, and it might be even difficult to bend and turn. Hence, it's important to be extremely cautious when practicing pregnancy yoga for normal delivery in the third trimester. However, following an expert-guided pregnancy yoga plan from professionals can help keep some discomfort at bay and ease your way into the labour pains and normal delivery.
Tips To Practice Pregnancy Yoga During Third Trimester
● Be aware of your body’s needs and keep some support nearby. Take help from your partners or experts when exercising.
● Practice poses beneficial for your body and baby primarily the ones that help widen your hips, strengthen pelvic floor, and help boost normal delivery.
● Avoid overexertion.
● You can also subscribe to a customized pregnancy yoga plan from Momkidcare curated according to your pregnancy’s needs for a healthy & normal delivery.
● Consult your doctor before you start practicing any new exercises.
● Avoid backbends, and intense exercises of the abdominal region to prevent fatigue and over exertion.
● Practice deep breathing exercises, mostly pranayama, to boost blood flow.
Pregnancy Yoga for Normal Delivery
Let's take a look at some of the yoga poses for normal delivery perhaps a quicker and easier delivery.
● UTKATASANA- Strengthens lower back, chest muscles, hips, and torso.
● VAKRASANA- Strengthens spine, legs, neck to facilitate easy labour.
● PARVATASANA- Improves circulation in pelvis and abdomen.
● YASTIKASANA- Relaxes pelvic and abdominal muscles.
● UPAVISTHA KONASANA - Helps relieve lower back pain and creates space around the pelvis by opening hip joints and readying your body for a normal delivery.